Expleo are currently recruiting experienced Vehicle Technicians / Mechanics to join a leading Automotive Research and Development Team. Based close to Milton Keynes / Bedford, you will be working within a dedicated team of development Technicians and Engineers on a contract basis.
This is not your every day workshop environment and you will be a key player in the test and development of future vehicles. You will be responsible for the assemble / dis-assemble of vehicle parts and components for vehicle test activities, liaising with Test and Design Engineers to conduct tests and carrying out maintenance of the Test Vehicle Fleet to include safety checks, retrofit, fault finding and repair.
To be considered for the role of Vehicle Mechanic / Technician, you will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
* Educated to City & Guilds / IMI / NVQ Level 3 or higher – ideally with Main Dealer or manufacturer experience
* Have a passion / interest in the development of cars / light commercial vehicles
* A good understanding of vehicle dis-assembly, assembly and maintenance techniques
* Vehicle system knowledge with the ability to fault find
* Electronic / Electrical skills
* Basic Machining / Welding / Fabrication skills
* Hold a full driving licence
* Competent user of MS Office products including Word, Outlook and Excel
* Experience within a vehicle or component test environment is preferred but not essential
* Forklift licence preferred but not essential
** PLEASE NOTE ** To meet with current legislation, right to work checks will be carried out to ensure candidates are able to work within the UK. Regretfully, we are unable to support Technicians that require sponsorship.
For more information, contact Jacquie on 02034797125 or firstname.lastname@example.org.