Systems Engineer working on the Advanced Short Range Air to Air Missile (ASRAAM) Programme with a focus on Systems Performance modelling and assessment.
The key activities to be undertaken include:
- Carrying out a full range of technical analyses and investigations on behalf of the Missile Systems team, including evaluation and selection of technical options, co-ordination of System trade studies, evaluation of trials data and the improvement of engineering capability.
- Plan, conduct and report on System Performance Studies using the ASRAAM performance modelling toolset. These studies include pre-trial firing simulations, generation of Weapon Danger Areas for firing trials, generation of customer Performance Statements and investigations into specific aspects of system performance and free flight kinematics.
- Plan, control and deliver assigned projects or work packages to ensure the key Project activities are pro-actively driven forward.
- Generate, process and analyse very large datasets. Describe detailed technical behaviours and produce clear, concise technical reports which will present conclusions to multiple audiences including senior management and MoD and export customers.
- Prior experience of system modelling using Matlab would be highly beneficial. As a minimum, proficiency in data capture, manipulation and analysis using Matlab is essential.
- Experience in the use of any Missile Closed Loop Models / Dynamic Reference Models.
- Understanding of flight dynamics, guidance and control principles and the physics of flight would be highly beneficial.
- Experience in processing very large datasets to answer complex technical queries.
- Experience in formal technical report writing and presentation of complex data analysis is essential.