Expleo are currently working with a niche vehicle manufacturer, globally renowned for lightweight ground breaking vehicles, who are currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer within Body and Exterior, on a permanent basis, based in Norfolk.
As a New Model Quality Engineer, you’ll be the first in line for Failure Model Avoidance Activities, you will be conducting virtual-series and pre-series fresh eye / campaign prevention reviews, whilst supporting Project Robustness Assessments, Quality Attributes and Reliability Target Definition.
You will own and drive quality activities in support of new product development, supporting the Body and Exterior Engineering Team ensuring all new products / systems are robustly designed and validated, using recognised engineering quality tools and techniques.
Responsibilities for the Body and Exterior Quality Engineer include:
* Management of concerns and progression
* Conduct product and part quality inspection process
* Product Quality performance target setting and achievement
* Support quality attributes and reliability target definition and achievement
* Understand new vehicle system functionality and test / validation requirements
* Ensure Vehicle validation processes are aligned with new vehicle content / technology
* Develop and maintain Quality Standards and input into Part Quality Standards
* Ensure Engineering data / drawings / specifications are robust and will deliver a Quality product
* Lead problem resolution and root cause activities
* Support Supplier Quality Engineering in the delivery of fully approved components for new products
* Capture lessons learned
Background and skills required for the role of Body and Exterior Quality Engineer:
* Experience of automotive body and exterior systems within an OEM or Tier 1 supplier
* Ability to demonstrate the application of engineering quality tools and techniques
* Skilled in the application of engineering quality tools in a vehicle programme
* Practical experience of FMEA and problem solving techniques
* Experience of vehicle design and development processes
* Analytical mind-set, confident, with good communication skills
* Comfortable working alone and also as part of a small team
* Working knowledge of multi-material vehicle body construction
* Experience of metallic / composite body construction techniques is desirable but not essential
To meet with current legislation, right to work checks will be carried out to ensure candidates are eligible to work within the UK. We are unable to support candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK.
If you are interested in applying for the Body and Exterior Quality Engineer role or require further information, please contact: