Expleo are currently working with an internationally renowned major OEM, who are currently looking to recruit a Materials Engineer. This is a contract position, based in Bedfordshire.
You will judge material performance against specification requirements, conduct root cause analysis, coordinate testing and generate reports.
* Technical subject matter expert for adhesives, sealants and adhesive tapes
* Manage development of materials with global suppliers to satisfy company standards, manufacturing plant process requirements and project Quality, Cost and Delivery objectives
* Lead design reviews to identify potential risks of introducing material changes and develop validation test plans
* Project manage material testing, plant trials and overall approval activity with global suppliers and manufacturing plants, for new vehicle programmes
* Support validation of supplier Process and Facility Change Request
* Undertake audits of production processes and quality assurance procedures, with on-site checks at supplier manufacturing facilities
* Prepare RFQ Technical Files and coordinate testing and manufacturing plant validation trials, for supplier / product changes
* Undertake and coordinate material and component investigation of concerns
* Support design engineers with material selection
* Deliver cost reduction by identifying and promoting the use of alternative materials or production processes
* Undertake competitor benchmarking and material trend analysis.
* Prepare CAPEX business plan justifications and specification tender requirements, for the purchase of laboratory test equipment
Background, skills and experience:
* Degree educated in a Materials / Engineering discipline, or relevant industry experience
* Ideally have experience working for an OEM / supplier within design and development or manufacturing
* Knowledge on selecting and validating performance of adhesives, sealants, adhesive tapes and material joining methods
* Prior experience conducting and coordinating material laboratory tests, including data capture and reporting
* Methodical approach to technical problem solving and root cause investigation
* Strong communication / presentation skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
To meet with current legislation, right to work checks will be carried out to ensure candidates can work within the UK.
If you are interested in applying for the role or require further information, please contact: