Expleo are currently recruiting on behalf of our automotive research and development client, for a Machinist / Mechanical Fitter on a contract basis. Working within their research and development team, you will be responsible for the manufacture and modification of, or to components, as you work at their site based near Milton Keynes.
* Manufacture of Test Rigs / Mounts to support trial / Test activities
* Manufacture of one-off or small batch prototype parts, to support test activities or vehicle builds at Production Plants
* Modifications to vehicle bodies or complete vehicles, including grinding and welding to modify from design intent
* Liaise directly with stakeholders to ensure full understanding of work requested
Background and experience:
* Recognised Qualification or Apprenticeship within a relevant engineering discipline
* Skilled in Milling / Turning / Welding / Bench fitting / Sheet Metal work
* Understanding of basic component measurement techniques, to ensure engineering / design dimensional accuracy
* A basic knowledge of Word and Outlook for correspondence and creation/presentation of engineering information
* Strong communication skills
* Strong attention to detail
To meet with current legislation, right to work checks will be carried out to ensure candidates are able to work within the UK.
If you are interested in applying for the role or require further information, please contact: