On behalf of a client based in Tyne & Wear involved with design and manufacture of power conversion systems, we’re currently recruiting for an Embedded Systems Engineer. It’s essential that the candidate has strong embedded C programming skills and knowledge of its application within power electronics.
- Knowledge of C programming language
- User of the Real Time operating Systems (RTOS) such as TI RTOS, FreeRTOS
- User of the source code management software such as SVN, Mercurial, GitHub
- Knowledge of the signal conditioning, digital and analog circuits, A/D converters, communication links such as UART, I2C, CAN, Ethernet
- Knowledge of the communication protocols, like Modbus, TCP/IP
- Fluent user of the oscilloscope and software debuggers
- Practical experience of debugging electronic circuits.
- Experience in designing of electronic circuits using schematics capture tools, preferable CADSTAR.
- Experience in design schematics capture CAD tools, preferable CADSTAR
- Understanding of the system control principles, software implementation of the PI regulators, use of PWM, dead time generation.
- Basic understanding of current and voltage control loops principles.
If this sounds interesting and you’d like to find out more then please get in contact and we’ll call you back ASAP.