We are seeking a skilled CAD Technician to join our client’s proactive and innovative team.
The CAD Technician is responsible for using Computer Aided Design systems to create Engineering design information (primarily models and drawings) from supplied data and to the stipulated requirements and standards. The CAD technician job involves the production and amendment of mainly electronic 2D technical drawings and 3D models. As a CAD technician, you can be employed on a broad range of design activities across various discipline groups, including Structural, Mechanical and Electrical.
Our CAD Technicians may also support business winning and estimating activities and will be expected to undertake key responsibilities during project mobilisation (CAD system setup) and CAD Administration/support activities throughout project and design lifecycles.
You will work with various stakeholders including: Engineers, Designers, Project Management as well as customers and equipment vendors. Depending on the task or project will generally work under the supervision of a CAD Lead, Designer, Senior Designer or Engineer
The role requires a good understanding of drawing practices and must be able to demonstrate appropriate CAD competencies as well as good written and verbal communications.
- Preparation/production/amendment of drawings throughout design lifecycle in line with recognised ISO standards to the required time, cost and quality requirements.
- Ensure task and project risks are communicated appropriately.
- Preparation, production and maintenance of project documentation as required by the design lifecycle.
- Produce and update ‘as built’ datum pack documentation.
- Production and maintenance of ‘Modelled Parts’ and creation of Parts Libraries.
- Administration and support of CAD systems
- Reporting of progress and issues to line management.
- Be aware of, and ensure the implementation of, safety, health and environmental requirements.
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement in the standard and quality of outputs.
- Recognised CAD training and/or qualification and demonstrable experience in appropriate software packages. For example; Autodesk suite/products (including AutoCAD, Inventor, Plant 3D), Hexagon PPM (including Smart 3D), FORAN and ShipConstructor
- An understanding of procedures and requirements relating to Design, Health/Safety and Environmental, as well as Quality requirements.
- IT literate (Microsoft office suite, PDM systems).
- Collaborative working environment – we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and our peers through good times and challenges
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.