Are you an Automotive Engineer with a background in Automotive Vehicle Quality, looking to join a leading Research and Development Team, for a major automotive manufacturer?
If so, Expleo have an opportunity for you! One of the world’s largest Automotive OEM’s is currently recruiting for a Design Quality Engineer, based in Bedfordshire, you will be working with a dedicated and enthusiastic team of Development Engineers on a rolling contract basis.
You will be supporting continuous quality enhancements, to ensure the highest possible level of customer satisfaction. The Design Quality Engineer role influences quality, through the utilisation of experience and enthusiasm to enable, engage and support quality improvement activity.
For current model, you will create and manage plans to assist the Design Team in meeting warranty, dissatisfaction, durability and breakdown targets, supporting technically to deliver solutions. For new model, you will support new vehicle programmes, utilising best practice from previous developments, whilst ensuring consistent application.
* Maintain quality master list status and proactively progress each concern, including organising regular reviews, capturing discussions and issuing clear actions
* Organising appropriate quality reviews including Customer Satisfaction Team Pilot and Leader review
* Market data analysis to summarise concerns
* Adding value to technical reviews by applying design engineering principles, to make clear – concern definition, target performance investigation method and root cause
* Analyse market claim data, producing a simplified summary, to highlight to the Design team the concern, phenomena, customer and business impact
* Prepare and present regular quality status reports and scorecards
* Conduct Newness Assessment audit to ensure the correct research and development process has been followed
* Cross functional communication involving design, test, marketability, market quality and plant departments
Background and Experience:
* Ideally degree / HND educated within a relevant subject matter
* Experience in OEM design and / or test
* Proven quality, customer focused mind-set
* Strong data analysis and data manipulation skills
* Experience of mass production techniques
* Ability to work individually to a given brief using your own initiative, whilst delivering and reporting to a matrix management
* Skilled in quality tools including fault tree analysis, 5 why’s, KT analysis, Weibull
* Familiar in the use of the PDCA cycle (Plan Do Check Action)
* Competent in chairing technical meetings to progress and resolve market issues
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft office tools for report and presentation creation, including Excel
Must be willing to undertake occasional business travel to manufacturing plant, suppliers and dealerships.
To meet with current legislation, right to work checks will be carried out to ensure candidates can work within the UK.
For more information please contact Jacquie Linton on 02034797125, or alternatively, you can apply directly by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org